Thursday, April 19, 2007

Where It All Started...


I have always been a Hurricanes fan since I was a little girl. It was started with my dad, Jay. When I was little, he would stick me in front of the television and we would watch football games together. I have pictures of him putting a Hurricanes hat on me. That is where it all started.


One Halloween I wanted to dress up as a Miami Hurricanes cheerleader. I kept begging my mom to find the outfit. Well, we put some stuff together and she bought me orange and green pom poms. I was so happy.


1997 is when I first attended a Hurricanes football game. My family had tickets in the west end zone. I just couldn't believe that I was right there seeing all of the action in person. From there, the rest was history.


Today, I am 22 years year old and still a huge Hurricanes fan. I have a Hurricanes license plate on my car, key chain, shot glass, jewelry, purses, clothing, shoes, etc. Even my desk at work is decorated with Hurricanes gear. I cheer on the Hurricanes more than my own school.


I definitely bleed orange and green. When I have children, they will also become Hurricane fans, whether they like it or not.

No comments: