Thursday, March 8, 2007

Miami Upsets Maryland


Well, today the Hurricanes upset Maryland, 67-62 in the first round of the ACC Tournament. I was at work today watching the game in disbelief. In the first quarter, the Canes were up by seven, I couldn't believe my eyes! Unfortunately, I was unable to catch the remainder of the game, however I heard that it was a great game.

Before the game started I said to a co-worker, "Seminole Earl", that the Canes have no chance of winning the game against Maryland, however I was wrong. Even though he is a Seminole fan, he was at the office cheering on the Canes to beat Maryland. So tomorrow morning I will have to go and shake his hand for being correct and supporting the Canes.

With this victory, the Canes will play number four seed, Boston College. Boston College received a bye for the first round of the tournament. The game will be Friday afternoon at 2 pm. No one ever thought that the Canes would pull off an upset, so do not count them out. They are still in the running for the ACC title.

Be sure to catch the Canes tomorrow afternoon on ESPN2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It pains me to say this but it was a great game by the Canes. The victory was huge for Miami fans.

I must confess, I am the Seminole fan that was cheering on Miami. In a perfect world, FSU will beat NC and Miami will beat BC today and we can have a good ole' football rivalry reborn on the hardwood. GO NOLES!!!!

Seminole Earl